Five Minute Friday: Writer

It's Friday.
The day we write for 5 mins without stopping on a given prompt word.
Today's word is: WRITER

GO

I am a writer.

There you go, I've said it out loud.

No false humility.
Just facts.

I write, and people read what I write.
I guess this makes me a writer.

Today I have decided to write truth.

This was my week:

I have known delight at new beginnings.

Messy church was fab.
All generations working together to share the joy of Easter was heart-warming.

Costa is a great place to chat to stressed Mums with toddlers.

I have laughed.
Prayed.
Sneezed and coughed.
A lot!
(Sahara dust)

I have struggled at times this week
to believe in a good God who has our best interests at heart.
I made the choice to do so anyway.
I ate lots of shortbread yesterday.
These two things are probably related.

I have got angry,
really angry inside.
Thankfully, it came out as tears.
Lots and lots of tears.

Tears are good.
They are healing.

Here is truth as I understand it:

I am confident 
I will see the Lord's goodness
here
in the land of the living.
Psalm 27:13

How's your week been?

STOP



Comments

Jerralea said…
I love your words: "I have struggled at times this week
to believe in a good God who has our best interests at heart.
I made the choice to do so anyway."

I think all of us have that struggle.

Love the scripture you ended with!
Karen Sandford said…
Faith is a definite choice sometimes. Thanks Jerralea.
Max said…
This week I felt doubts rise and almost overwhelm me. But God said "sleep and eat, you're not very well, and I still love you. I'm holding you." And its better. X
Karen Sandford said…
Max, isn't it amazing we hear his voice so well! Hope you're feeling better now x

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend