Five Minute Friday: Winning

"Are you winning?"
The same question, every Sunday morning.
For seven years.

It came from a retired man,
With a broad Lancashire accent,
Who had lost his wife,
And became a member of our congregation.

He asked it with a twinkle in his eyes.
There was I,
Mum to two very young,
very noisy,
very lively boys.
And wife to an equally noisy and lively husband.


And my answer was always the same,
"I'm getting there!"

My answer would still be the same 12 years on.
Though now I have another boy to add to the collection.
Turns out it was buy two, get one free!

And they're all still young,
noisy
and lively.

And I'm still winning.
Because I'm on the winning side.

This season has been tough at times.
Threats of relegation abound.
And the enemy attacks at regular intervals.

But I'm still winning.
I'm on the winning side.

As Jesus said
In this world you will have trouble.
But take heart,
I have overcome the world!

BOOM!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend