Five Minute Friday: Write

Last Friday's prompt word was WRITE.

When I was preaching yesterday's sermon,
I realised I'd written a poem as part of it.

It's based on John 1
And as it's the first poem I've written for as long as I can remember,
Here it is as my Five Minute Friday post.

In the beginning, God.
Right here and now, God.

Creating everything.
Every person,
Every life,

You.
Me.

Every circumstance,
Every conversation
created by Him.

Nothing without Him.

In Him is life.

All life.
My life.
Your life.

Everything.
Him.

That life brings light.

And I know the darkness too well.
It walks the road beside me.

So bring me to the Light.

Let me see the Light.
Let me walk in the light.
Let me feel the light.

And that light?

The light shines in the darkness.

And the darkness?

Oh, the darkness...

It can never put it out.
Has not understood it.
Can never extinguish it.
Has never overcome,
overpowered,
comprehended,
absorbed
or appropriated it.

The Life-Light blazed
out of the darkness;
and the darkness
couldn’t
put
it
out.

So The Word,

Jesus,

wins.

Every time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend