Five Minute Friday: See

"Earth is crammed with heaven
And every common bush afire with God
But only he who sees
Takes off his shoes.
The rest sit around picking blackberries."
Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Lord help me to see today.

To see you in the world around me.

To see the truth in the eyes masked by a smile.

To see those who are bowed beneath their load.

To see the meaning behind the words in a text
And the pain lurking in a Facebook status.

To see the doorways I need to walk through
And the doors I need to close, because what is behind them is not for me.

Help me to see, truly see, with your eyes.

Help me to see you more clearly

Love you more dearly

Follow you more nearly

Day
By day
By day

Amen

Comments

Anonymous said…
To have our eyes opened and to really SEE through... what heartbreak and what joy and what insight we would have.

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend