In praise of trampolining.

I've just been on the trampoline.

It's not great practice for a woman in her mid 40's who has given birth to three children.
But I managed to escape without a mishap...

Anyway
Back to the trampoline.
It's 10ft and it dominates our garden.
In some ways it's too big.
But it offers so many possibilities.

Today for instance:

Chris has been on it as part of his toning up for summer regime.
This is serious stuff.
I watched intently...

The eldest two boys and a friend spent half an hour on it while I sat close by.

And in that time,
We laughed
they played

they chatted
we chatted

we shared 'stuff'
we planned
we laughed.

A bit later
Our youngest worked out some of his angst on it.
It's tough being 11.
Then he smiled
And we laughed

I joined him,
We chatted.

I bounced,
He laughed.

And there we were.

Sharing life
Sharing love
Around a big bouncy thing in the garden.

And I was reminded that all is Grace.
It's not about where we are
What we are doing
What we plan or facilitate.

It's about being.
And in that place
God is.

I love my boys.
I love the men they're becoming.
I love listening to them as they try to work out their place in the world.

More than that I love that God is here.
Right in the thick of it.
Bouncing on the trampoline as we speak.

All is grace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend