40 Days of Feasting: Because we're worth it.

I really like Nadia Sawalha.
For those reading who are not from the UK she's an actress/TV presenter/cook.
Maybe that's one of the reasons I like her.
She seems approachable somehow.
You know the kind of person you think you'd like as a friend?
Plus she's got a very dirty laugh
Which is something I really admire in a person!

Anyway, this post isn't just a tribute to her
But to a book she's just released.
The title grabbed me from the start

"GREEDY GIRL'S DIET"
This is talking my kind of language...
In her first chapter, she talks about the starve, binge, starve, binge phases that have formed most of her adult life.
And one day she decided she had had enough....
No more quick fixes....
From now on she was going to cook, and eat delicious food that would nourish her body.

She writes about her own body.
And she could have written about mine.

My body is an amazing piece of machinery.
It has carried and borne four children.
It created a manna-like life force for my three healthy children
that would be all they required for their early weeks and months.
It nurtured.
It served.
It loved.

And in Nadia's words, it
"had waited patiently for me to stop hating it and punishing it and finally start treating it in the manner it deserved."

I love that.
My body deserves better than the treatment it gets from me.
If my body is a temple, it's going to rack and ruin.

"I am fearfully and wonderfully made." Psalm 139

YOU
are fearfully and wonderfully made.

So here's the deal.
Maybe this was where my 40 Days of Feasting was going all along.
(Read original post here http://karensandford.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/40-days-of-feasting.html )

I am going to heed Nadia's advice.
I am going to cook delicious, nutritional meals which will sustain me.
I will not calorie count.
I will not weigh myself.
I will incorporate *dirty word alert* exercise into my life.

And my first goals are these...
If you're squeamish (or male) look away now
1. For my bras to stop digging in.
2. To be able to keep my belt done up all day without being in agony.
3. To stop needing oxygen every time I climb the stairs.

This is the covenant I have made with my body.
I am God's woman.
He created me.
He has plans that only I can fulfill.
I want to be at the top of my game physically.

Why?
Because I'm worth it.
And so are you.


I quite like this photo.
But it's not how I want to look!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend