On starting a new notebook.

I love a new notebook.
Especially when it's pink and has butterflies.
I also love the fact that I get to write in it with my pink fountain pen which I thought I'd lost.
It feels special because it's ink and not biro.
It gives the writing some gravitas somehow.

I remembered today that Mum and Dad bought me this pen when I graduated in 2009.
I'd forgotten the significance of it.
It brought a moment of grief when I remembered.
But Dad liked a nice pen too; especially a fountain pen.

Dad had recently had a stroke.
He was happy inside but couldn't show it in his face! 



I love the written word.
I love to write
To read
To hold a pen
To turn the pages of a book.
Technology is great, but sometimes it's good to get back to basics.
In our faith too....






As I start this note book I'm filled with
Hope
Joy
Anticipation
And somehow a sense of well being.
A bit OTT I know, but it's a bit like the start of a new term;
When you wrote your name really neatly on the front of a new exercise book;
And used your best handwriting on the first few pages.
A fresh start.

Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:22-23



My #OneWord365 is Content.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend