God on the M25

God came close on the M25 yesterday.
Not for the usual reasons of oaths sworn by drivers,
people going too fast,
or even those who think they own the road.

Instead, God used a very old CD.
It's title of 'New worship songs' is 12 years old,
but I put it on because I was on my own in the car and fancied a sing.
Some of them were familiar songs,
but as I sang I noticed a phrase kept on coming through.
"The Father's Embrace."

One song particularly gripped me as I sang.
Next thing I knew I was smiling,
as the God who makes himself real in my circumstances,
surprised me yet again.

You see, for a girl who's recently lost her Dad,
and is missing his big bear hugs,
it's great to know that my heavenly father 'embraces' me.
He doesn't hug, smooch or cuddle,
but He embraces me.
He lifts me in His big strong arms, and holds me securely.

Here's the song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N6tihSBZow
It's based on Psalm 27, which is also worth a read.
Let Him embrace you today.

You are my anchor,
My light and my salvation.
You are my refuge,
My heart will not fear.
Though my foes surround me on every hand,
They will stumble and fall
While in grace I stand.
In my day of trouble
You hide me and set me above
To sing this song of love.

One thing I will ask of You, this will I pray:
To dwell in Your house, O Lord, every day,
To gaze upon Your lovely face,
And rest in the Father’s embrace.


Teach me Your way, Lord,
Make straight the path before me.
Do not forsake me, my hope is in You.
As I walk through life, I am confident
I will see Your goodness with every step,
And my heart directs me to seek You
In all that I do,
So I will wait for You.


Stuart Townend
Copyright © 2001 Thankyou Music



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend